By: Eberhard O Voit(Author)
531 pages, 182 illustrations, 37 tables
A true understanding of genetic and metabolic function and design is facilitated by mathematical and computational methods for analyzing biochemical systems. This hands-on reference teaches biochemists and molecular biologists the use of modern computational methods for the analysis of complex biomedical systems requiring a modest mathematical background. Computational Analysis of Biochemical Systems begins with representations of biochemical systems, provides guidelines for setting up models, details mathematical and computational methods of parameter estimation and model analysis, and connects to the modern literature with four detailed case studies. Every step is illustrated with examples and explored with accompanying PLAS software. Computational Analysis of Biochemical Systems also features over 250 exercises with about one quarter fully or partially solved.
"[...] is not only a fine, but a long overdue, book [...] this is an excellent introduction to a complex field, which I am happy to recommend to anyone."
- Darren Flower, Chemistry in Britain
1. Graphical representation of biochemical systems
2. Models of biochemical systems
3. From maps to equations
4. Computer simulation
5. Parameter estimation
6. Analytical steady-state evaluation
7. Sensitivity analysis
8. Case study 1 - Anaerobic fermentation pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
9. Case study 2 - diagnosis and refinement of a model of the tricarboxylic acid cycle in Dictyostelium discoideum
10. Case study 3 - A sequence of models describing purine metabolism
11. Case study 4 - Algebraic analysis of the initial steps of the Glycolytic-Glycogenolytic pathway in perfused rat liver
12. Epilogue-Canonical modeling beyond biochemistry
Hints and solutions
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
We have always been very happy with NHBS service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985