+44 1803 865913
By: Ashraf MT Elewa(Editor)
229 pages, b/w photos, b/w illustrations
Computational paleontology is simply a term applied to using computers and its facilities in the field of paleontology. However, we should be exactly precise in describing the term through explaining the main themes of this motivating and attractive scientific field. The uppermost aim of Computational Paleontology is to explain how computation could be competent in fetching fossils to life and the past to present. Computers for paleontologists save time and costs, interpret mysterious events precisely and accurately, visualize the ancient life definitely and undeniably.
- What is computational paleontology
- Computational Modeling of growth and development of paleozoic echinoids
- Calculating the tempo of morphological evolution: rates of discrete character change in a phylogenetic context
- Paleoinfomatics - past, presend and future perspectives
- The evolution of modern human and Neanderthal cranial form
- Shape function and phylogeny:the comparative methods in evolutionary paleobiology
- Paleoecology and current entomological work:Computational issues and links
- Morphometric analysis of polymorphism in species of the Lower Cretaceous ammonite genus Knemiceras: an unusual palaeontological problem elucidated by an unusual methodology
- Issues involved with the use of incomplete specimens and missing data in morphometric analysis of fossils
- Development and applications of the computed tomography in the study of the human fossil crania
- Digitizing methods for paleontology
- Digital skeletons - Computer aided Design
- Future insights in computational paleontology- with special spotlight on visual palentology
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I don't know how you got a book printed 26 years ago in the conditions that I received it (like new) but you do it! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985