This is the most comprehensive guide to the tropical Indo-Pacific crustaceans. Produced by a collaboration between an experienced diver and photographer and leading scientists, this book covers the region from the Red Sea to Papua New Guinea. This book is a first field guide, and an assistant for the identification of shrimps, hermit crabs, lobsters, crabs, and other crustaceans in the region. Small and compact, it is designed for divers, underwater photographers, and snorkelers. The book presents more than 1140 species that can be found and photographed in depths and regions accessible to recreational diving (adding ~240 species compared to the first edition of this guide).
- Photographs of 1140+ species;
- 500+ species have never before appeared in field guides or popular books;
- Easy access to information;
- Every effort was made to reduce disturbance to sea creatures
- An extensive photo index at the beginning of the book, helps to find the right group of crustaceans, including those readers who have not yet learnt their names
Andrey Ryanskiy is an observing naturalist and expert underwater photographer. He attained the highest possible diver's certificates (Divemaster, Adv Trimix, Full Cave). Since that time he has traveled the world with his camera, never hitting the water without it and has logged several thousand dives. Underwater photography for him is an instrument to promote the education and the care of the oceans and its inhabitants.