+44 1803 865913
By: Elke Zimmermann(Editor), John D Newman(Editor), Uwe Jürgens(Editor)
296 pages, 138 b/w illustrations
Softcover reprint of the original 1st edition from 1995.
Proceedings of the 14th and 15th Congress of the International Primatological Society held in Strasbourg, France in 1992, and in Kuta-Bali, Indonesia in 1994.
"An excellent review of a complex and actively debated topic."
- American Anthropologist
- Technical Advances in the Study of Primate Vocal Signals: Some Analysis Methods that May Be Useful to Acoustical Primatologists; M. Owren, C. Linker
- Artificial Neural Networks for Analysis and Recognition of Primate Vocal Communication; A. Zimmermann
- Social and Ecological Determinants of Vocal Communication: Loud Calls in Nocturnal Prosimians: Structure, Evolution, and Ontogeny; E. Zimmerman
- Vocal Ontogeny in Macaques and Marmosets: Convergent and Divergent Lines of Development; J.D. Newman
- Vocal Ontogeny of the Squirrel Monkey Saimiri boliviensis peruviensis; M. Biben, D. Bernhards
- Morphological and Neuronal Substrates for Vocal Communication: A Comparative Approach to the Nonhuman Primate Vocal Tract: Implications for Sound Production; M. Schon-Ybarra
- Role of Auditory Cortex in the Perception of Vocalizations by Japanese Macaques; H. Heffner, R. Heffner
- Amplitude Envelope Encoding as a Feature for Temporal Information Processing in the Auditory Cortex of Squirrel Monkeys; A. Bieser
- Cognitive and Evolutionary Aspects: Representational Signaling in Nonhuman Primate Vocal Communication; H. Gouzoules, et al.
- Linguistic Capacity: An Ontogenetic Theory with Evolutionary Implications; J.L. Locke
- What Primate Calls Can Tell Us about Human Evolution; P. Lieberman
4 additional articles
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
my first port of call for ordering books
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985