By: GM Strain
176 pages, 28 illustrations
Deafness in pets is a very common problem and is increasingly being presented to veterinarians, as owners and breeders become more aware and concerned about such issues. This book will provide complete coverage of the subject describing the anatomy and physiology of the auditory system, types of deafness, testing for deafness, methods of amelioration and management, behaviour of deaf animals, and other issues associated with living and dealing with deaf pets.
1. Anatomy of the Auditory System
2. Physiology of the Auditory System
3. Forms and Mechanisms of Deafness
4. Hereditary Deafness
5. Later Onset Deafness
6. Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response (BAER)
7. Other Tests of Auditory Function
8. Living with a Deaf Dog or Cat
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985