+44 1803 865913
By: John W Handmer(Editor), TW Norton(Editor), SR Dovers(Editor)
320 pages, Tabs
A broad and comprehensive exploration of the role of the ecological sciences in sustainability for undergraduates.The urgent quest for more sustainable patterns of development has placed new and difficult demands on both scientists and policy makers as they seek to establish more informed and effective policy processes and management regimes in the the face of pervasive uncertainty. Written by an international group of authors from a range of disciplines – ecology, geography, law, policy analysis and others – the chapters explore issues of scientific legitimacy, public participation, non-governmental organisations, inter-sectoral communication and pragmatic public policy across a wide range of ecosystem management contexts.
1. Ignorance, Ecology and Policy - S.R Dovers, T.W Norton and J.W Handmer
2. Challenges to Ecosystem Management - T.W Norton
3. Bioregional Approaches to Conservation - Nels Johnson, Kenton Miller and Marta Miranda
4. Role of Non-Governmental Organisations in Creating Institutions for Ecosystem Management - Lee Breckenridge
5. Limitless Land and Limited Knowledge - John Woinarski and Freya Dawson
6. Global Warming - Sonja Boehmer-Christiansen
7. Sustainability and Global Fisheries - Martijn Wilder and Rosemary Rayfuse
8. Sustainability, Uncertainty and Environmental Policy - Michael Harte and Janet Gough
9. Fire and Biodiversity - Jane Williams
10. Wetlands - Paul Adam
11. Acid Rain and Critical Loads - Andy Tickle
12. Uncertainty, Epistemic Communities and Public Policy - K.Walker
13. Managing Ecosystems for Sutainability - J.W. Handmer, S.R. Dovers and T.W. Norton
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Your customer service is outstanding, and I'll definitely refer friends and colleagues to you. May all go well for your company.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985