+44 1803 865913
By: John Rivers(Editor), FL (Rick) Bein(Editor), Philip Siaguru(Editor)
154 pages, b/w illustrations
This edited collection brings together papers dealing with a diverse range of environmental issues affecting Papua New Guinea, covering issues around forestry and logging, traditional knowledge, biodiversity, pollution, and sustainable development.
1. Gender and Environment Issues in Papua New Guinea by Frieda Siaguru
2. Pollution Aspects of Mercury Used in Alluvial Gold Processing by G. K. N. S. Subasinghe
3. The Bio-diversity Inventory: A Case Study of the Kamiali Wildlife Management Area by F. L. (Rick) Bein
4. Logging in Papua New Guinea: Policy Formation, Implementation and Forest Sustainability by Philip Siaguru
5. Ram Pump Primer by Brian Young
6. Positioning by Satellite - The Myths and Applications in the Environment by R. A. Curley
7. Inservice Environmental Education for Primary School Teachers: The Key to Environmental Education in Papua New Guinea by R. A. Curley
8. The Environmental Impact Statement in Papua New Guinea by F. L. (Rick) Bein and John Rivers
9. Sustainable Development and the Environment in Papua New Guinea by John Rivers
10. Knowledge of Traditional Agriculture in Training for Agricultural Research and Development by F. Robins, I. McL. Grant and D. A. Askin
11. Papua New Guinea's Rainforests: Policy Practice, Stakeholders and Resource Management by Hartmut Holzknecht
12. The Option of Surviving Intact - People and Their Environment: Researching Shelter in Rural Papua New Guinea Villages by Richard Burnbaum, Cletus Gonduan and Andrew Sariman
13. Appendix: Book Review of The Internationalization of Environmental Protection (ed. Miranda A. Schreurs & Elizabeth C. Economy) by Alphonse Kambu
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I will not hesitate to use you again or recommend you to others.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985