Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
How can you use the study of philosophy to make progress toward solving environmental problems? Environmental Ethics, 5/e, International Edition introduces you to ethical theory in new and easily understood ways. But most of all, this environmental ethics textbook shows you how we can work together to build a better future.
I. BASIC CONCEPTS
1. Science, Ethics, and the Environment
2. Ethical Theory and the Enivornment.
II. ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS AS APPLIED ETHICS
3. Ethics and Economics: Managing Public Lands
4. Responsibilities to Future Generations: Sustainable Development
5. Responsibilities to the Natural World: From Anthropocentric to Nonanthropocentric Ethics.
III. THEORIES OF ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS
6. Biocentric Ethics and the Inherent Value of Life
7. Wilderness, Ecology, and Ethics
8. The Land Ethic
9. Deep Ecology
10. Environmental Justice and Social Ecology
12. Pluralism, Pragmatism, and Sustainability