+44 1803 865913
By: Md Nazrul Islam(Editor), Sven Erik Jørgensen(Editor)
450 pages, 32 colour & 88 b/w illustrations
Environmental Management of Marine Ecosystems illustrates the current status, trends and effects of climate, natural disturbances and anthropogenic stressors on marine ecosystems. It shows how to integrate different management tools and models in an up-to-date, multidisciplinary approach to environmental management. Through several case studies, it provides a powerful framework for identifying management tools and their applications in coral reefs, fisheries, migratory species, marine islands and associated ecosystems such as mangroves and sea grass beds, including their ecosystem services, the threats to their sustainability, and the actions needed to protect them.
- Fundamentals of Marine Environment
- Environmental Threats to Marine Ecosystems
- Properties and Management of Coastal Zones
- Intertidal Mudflat and Salt Marsh Conservation
- Principles of Coastal Lagoons Management
- Circulation and Management of Coastal Estuaries
- Mangrove Swamps and Tropical Shorelines
- Management of Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- Climatic and Anthropogenic Disturbances on Coral Reef
- Fringing Reefs Management Challenges
- Diversity of Marine Planktons and Management
- Climate-Ocean Forcing on Marine Environment
- Combating Invasive Species and Marine Health
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Sven Erik Jørgensen is professor in environmental chemistry at the University of Copenhagen. He has received a master of science in chemical engineering from the Danish Technical University (1958), a doctor of environmental engineering (Karlsruhe University) and a doctor of science in ecological modelling (Copenhagen University). He is honourable doctor at Coimbra University, Portugal and at Dar es Salaam University (Tanzania). He has received the Einstein Professorship of the Chinese
Your orders support book donation projects
Fantastic service at a great price – I'll definitely use you again.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985