Language: Contributions are in English or German
Volume 16 contains 17 contributions to butterfly taxonomy, honouring Michael Fibige, who passed away in 2011. See table of contents for more details.
- Michael Fibiger 1945 - 2011 (Barry Goater)
- Zweiter Beitrag zur Frühjahrs- und Herbst-Noctuidenfauna von Nordgriechenland (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae) (Hartmut Wegner)
In the years 2002 to 2006, further five trips to Northern Greece took place with the purpose to document the Noctuidae fauna: Four trips in autumn, one trip in spring time. The results of these trips are illustrated. Especially commented are those species to whose spread, abundance and bionomics enhanced findings were achieved. Caterpillars unknown or not photo-optically pictured so far are shown and briefly described: Conistra ragusae macedonica, Lithophane merckii, Griposia pinkeri, Griposia wegneri. Newly discovered in the fauna of Greece are Agrochola luteogrisea, Conistra iana, Lithophane furcifera and Lithophane leautieri.
- Corrigendum zu: Alberto Zilli (2010): A hitherto overlooked species of Speiredonia Hübner, 1823 from Australia (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae): Esperiana 15: 433-43
- Contribution to the knowledge of the Iranian Orthopteroid insects II. Description of three new species of Iranian Platycleidini and one of Drymadusini (Plates 1-8) (Gyulainé Adrienne Garai)
This paper contains a description of three new species of Platycleidini (Montana zanjanica spec. nov., Montana gaskoi spec. nov., Platycleis sabinegaali spec. nov.) and one of Drymadusini (Bergiola gorokhovi spec. nov.), all from Iran.
- Noctuidae of the Socotra Archipelago (Yemen) Contribution II (Lepidoptera, Noctuoidea) (Hermann H. Hacker and Aidas Saldaitis)
The taxonomic and faunistic revision of the Noctuidae (Lepidoptera) of the Socotra Archipelago, given by Hacker & Saldaitis (2010) is supplemented following study of additional material, mostly collected in 2010. One genus and nine species are described as new to science, together with the 87 species already dealt with in 2010, the number of species recorded from Socotra has now reached 102.
- Two new Acontia Ochsenheimer, 1816 species from Madagacar with an overview of the genus on Madagascar (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae, Acontiinae) (Hermann H Hacker)
An actual check-list of the genus Acontia of Madagascar is given, including the description of Acontia (Emmelia) mineti spec. nov., a replacement name Acontia (Acontia) xanthochromata Hacker nom. nov. for malagasy Viette, 1965 praeocc., and the first report of Acontia (Emmelia) conifrons Aurivillius,1879 from Madagascar.
- New Apameini species (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae) and one new genus from Western Sichuan (Balázs Benedek, Aidas Saldaitis and János Babics)
A new genus (Planapamea gen. nov.) and three new species (Planapamea jiandani spec. nov., Apamea amazon spec. nov. and Apamea tuhuangi spec. nov.) from China, Western Sichuan Province are described and their taxonomic placement is clarified.
- Three new Daseuplexia species (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae) from Sichuan and Yunnan Provinces, China (Balázs Benedek, János Babics and Aidas Saldaitis)
Three new species of Daseuplexia Hampson, 1906, Daseuplexia khami spec. nov., D. shangrilai spec. nov. and D. erlangi spec. nov. are described from China, Western Sichuan and North Yunnan Provinces, with an updated Checklist of Daseuplexia.
- New Dasypolia species (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae) from China, Sichuan, part. I (Balázs Benedek, Gottfried Behounek, Alessandro Floriani, Aidas Saldaitis)
Three new subgenera (Tatsipolia, Chalapolia, Kitapolia) and nine new Dasypolia species [D. (Cteipolia) rasa, D. (Auropolia) annamaria, D. (Auropolia) carlotta, D. (Auropolia) chengangi, D. (Chalapolia) brandstetteri, D. (s. l.) mirka, D. (Dasypolia) erlanga, D. (Tatsipolia) ruficilia and D. (Kitapolia) kita] from China’s western Sichuan Province are described. Superficially, they resemble other Dasypolia, Cteipolia and Auropolia species, but they differ in wing pattern, genitalia, distribution and DNA. D. (Dasypolia) bicolor Hreblay & Ronkay, 1995, D. (s. l.) yeti Hacker & Peks, 1993 and D. (Dasypolia) obsoleta Hreblay & Ronkay, 1995 are reported for the first time for the Sichuan Province, China.
- A cryptic species in the Lygephila vicioides Hampson, 1826 species-group: description of a sister- species of L. angustissima found in the Höne collection (János Babics and Dieter Stüning)
A new Lygephila species from the L. vicioides species-group, L. fibigeri spec. nov. (China) is described from the collection of H. Höne. Lygephila vicioides (Hampson, 1926) species-group is augmented with a new species. Neotype of L. angustissima (Draudt, 1950) is designated here.
- Results of a lepidopterological expedition to North and Northwest Iran in summer 2007 with new records for Iran (Lepidoptera) (Lutz Lehmann † & Reza Zahiri)
The results of a joint lepidopterological expedition to North and Northwest Iran, povinces of Tehran, Mazandaran, Guilan, Ardabil and Azerbaijan-e-Sharqi, from 20 July to 1 August are presented. More than 508 species of Macrolepidoptera (sensu Seitz) could be recorded, among them Idaea sericeata (Hübner, 1813), Cinglis humifusaria Eversmann, 1837, Aplocera uniformata (Urbahn, 1971), Scotopteryx chenopodiata (Linnaeus, 1758), Triphosa dubitata (Linaneus, 1758), Abraxas grossulariata (Linnaeus, 1758), Kemtrognophos ciscaucasica (Rjabov, 1964), Furcula danieli Schintlmeister, 1998, Eilema lurideola ([Zincken], 1817), Zethes propinquus Christoph, 1885, Meganola togatulalis (Hübner, 1796), Meganola kolbi (Daniel, 1935), Pseudluperina pozzii (Curó, 1883), Mythimna sicula scirpi (Duponchel, 1836) and Noctua interposita (Hübner, 1790) new for the fauna of Iran. Additionally, the species of two light traps in the Elburs Mts., province Mazandaran, from the beginning of June, collected by A. Pütz, are listed. The genitalia of 16 species, typical habitats, and some living and spread specimens are figured.
- New Noctuidae species from China and the Himalayas (Lepidoptera, Noctuoidea) (Péter Gyulai, László Ronkay & Aidas Saldaitis)
19 new Noctuidae species and one new subspecies are described from Asia as follows: Lasianobia fickleri spec. nov. (Tibet); Sideridis vamberyi spec. nov. (Yunnan); Lacanobia stumpfi spec. nov. (Sichuan); Papestra florianii spec. nov. (Sichuan); Cerastis flagellata spec. nov. (Gansu); Diarsia pelenai spec. nov. (Sichuan); Xestia pangda spec. nov. (Qinghai); X. morandinii spec. nov. (Sichuan); X. songpana spec. nov. (Sichuan); X. muficia spec. nov. (Sichuan); X. ronkaygabori spec. nov. (Sichuan); X. sichuana spec. nov. (Sichuan); X. zheduoi spec. nov. (Sichuan); Genoveva henana spec. nov. (Henan); Hydraecia franzhoferi spec. nov. (Shaanxi); Valeriodes gyulaiivani spec. nov. (Yunnan); V. behouneki spec. nov. (Sichuan); Oroplexia hreblayi spec. nov. (Nepal); Euplexidia youya spec. nov. (Sichuan); and Apamea remissa karakorina sspec. nov. (Pakistan: Karakorum).
- Three new Noctuidae taxa (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae) from Iran with taxonomic comment on the Parabrachionycha-subgenus of Polymixis (János Babics and Balázs Benedek)
Two new species of Noctuidae, Polymixis (Parabrachionycha) alborsa spec. nov. and Apamea minoc spec. nov. and a new subspecies, Antitype jonis (Lederer, 1865) parajonis subspec. nov. are described from Iran.
- Beschreibung neuer Arten der Familien Gelechiidae, Holcopogonidae und Oecophoridae (Lepidoptera) )Georg Derra)
Three species new for science: Aroga kurdistana spec. nov. (Gelechiidae) fromTürkei, Turatia namibiella spec. nov. (Holcopogonidae) from Namibia and Pseudatemelia sicilianae spec. nov. (Oecophoridae) from Italy, Sicily are described; the species of the family Holcopogonidae, collected by W. Mey during his expeditions from 2008 to 2010 to Namibia are outlined.
- Neue Metachrostis Hübner, -Arten aus dem Yemen und aus Afrika (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae, Eublemminae) (Hermann H. Hacker)
Twelve species of the genus Metachrostis Hübner,  from Yemen and the subsaharan Africa and one further subspecies of M. olmii (Berio, 1937) from Sokotra are described as new for science. In preparation of a global revision of the African Metachrostis a list of all known species is given, including some taxonomical discussions of hitherto less known taxa.
- Neue Noctuidae-Arten aus Südarabien und Ostafrika (Lepidoptera) (Hermann H. Hacker, Henri Hoppe †, Lutz Lehmann † und Dirk Stadie)
Ten species of different genera from South Arabia (Yemen and Oman) and East Africa are described as new for science.
- Revision of the genus Rhyacia Hübner  1816 (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae) Part I: The Rhyacia junonia species group with re-description of the subgenus Standfussrhyacia Hacker & Varga, 1990 (stat. nov.), with description of new subgenera and new species (Zoltán Varga)
The taxonomic definition of the genus Standfussrhyacia Hacker & Varga, 1990 (type species Standfussrhyacia chimaera Hacker & Varga, 1990 by monotypy), is changed. It is considered as subgenus within Rhyacia Hübner  1816 including S. chimaera as type species and a group of species being closely related with Rhyacia junonia (Staudinger, 1881). This extension is connected with the taxonomical revision of other species groups of the genus. Two new species belonging to the subgenus Standfussrhyacia are described from the high mountains of Central Asia: Rhyacia unicornis spec. nov. from northwestern China (Boro-Horo Mts.), and Rh. horroreas spec. nov. from North Pakistan (Kashmir: W Himalaya, Deosai plains). The genus Rhyacia is herewith subdivided into 15 species groups which are merged into 6 subgenera, ‘inter alia’ Standfussrhyacia. They are defined here by some strong synapomorphies in their genital characters which support their monophyletic origin. Five new subgenera (Lafontainea, Stenorhyacia, Dichorhyacia, Anchorhyacia, Ororhyacia) are described. The subgenus Anchorhyacia consists of four species groups while others are oligotypic. Synonymy of Rh. nyctimerides (Bang-Haas, 1922) with Rh. psammia (Püngeler, 1908) is stated and several new combinations are introduced. With 57 figures and 3 photoplates.
Plates 1 - 34