+44 1803 865913
Topics in Evolutionary Pathways and Enigmatic Algae include: compartmental (direct filiation) eukaryogenesis; the endosymbiotic hypothesis; molecular RNA and protein sequences of genes in phylogenetic applications; reports on newly discovered species of the Cyandium group.
Part 1 Models for the Eurkaryotic Cellular Origins and Evolutions: Origin of Eukaryota from Cyanobacterium - Membrane Evolution Theory; H. Nakamura
- Glaucocystophyta - Model for Symbiogenous Evolution of New Eukaryotic Species; H. Schenk
- Alternative Pathway (Cyanobacterium to Eukaryota); T.E. Jensen
Part 2 Green Enigmatic Algae: Nanochlorum eucaryotum - A Green Enigmatic Alga; R. Zahn
- Enigmatic Chlorophycean Algae Forming Symbiotic Association with Ciliates; W. Reisser
Part 3 The Paradoxical Cyanidiophyceae
- The Genus Cyanidium: The Natural History of Cyanidium - Past and Present Perspectives; J. Seckbach
- Review on the Taxonomic Position of the Cyanidium and Cohorts; F.D. Ott, J. Seckbach
- Systematic Position and Phylogenic Status of Cyanidium; J. Seckbach, F.D. Ott
- New Classification for the Genus Cyanidium; F.D. Ott, J. Seckbach
- Cyanidium investigations in Japan; I. Fukuda
- The Study of Cyanidiaceae in Russia; O. Sentsova
- Cyanidium-like Algae from Caves; L. Hoffmann
Physiology, Biochemical Pathways and Natural Products
- The Function of Peroxisomes in the Cyanidiaceae; W. Gross
- Nitrogen Metabolism in Thermophilic Algae; Rigano, et al.
- Natural Products of Cyanidiophyceae; H. Nagashima
Fine Structures of the Rhodophyta and Cyanidium
- Ultrastructure of Unicellular Red Algae; S. Broadwater, J. Scott
- Ultrastructure of Cytoplastmic Organelles in Cyanidium caldarium; K. Ueda
- Cyanidium caldarium as a Model Cell for Studying division of Chloroplasts; T. Kuroiwa, et al.
Studies on the Molecular Level
- Molecular Organization and Expression of the Plastid Genome of Galdieria sulphuraria (= C. caldarium) and Other Unicellular Red Algae; K. Zetsche
- The Molecular Aspects of Pigments and Photosynthesis in C. caldarium; R.F. Troxler
Bibliographic List of the Cyanidiales and Allied Enigmatic Cells
- List of Relevant Literature References; F.D. Ott, A.J. Petrik-Ott
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is a national institution, not to say an international one, in the world of natural history!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985