The Mini MicBooster provides 20dB of microphone level gain. It is powered by 48V phantom power which it will then pass on to the microphone. No batteries are required – just plug it in and you are ready to record. It is particularly suitable for use where a low output microphone is used with a recorder which has inadequate gain or a noisy built-in preamp.
The MicBooster has a strong Neutrik alloy case and panel-mount Neutrik XLR connectors which are suitable for mating with cable connectors.
* Gain: 20dB fixed
* Gain accuracy: ± 0.5dB
* Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz ± 0.25dB, 150 ohm source
* Equivalent input noise (EIN): -115dBu at 20dB gain, 150 ohm source, flat weighting, 20Hz – 20kHz
* Output clipping level: -10dBu with 600 ohm load
* Input: Electronically balanced, 1K ohm input impedance
* Polarity: Input to output is non inverting, polarity is preserved
* Output: Electronically balanced 200 ohm output impedance
* Powered solely from 48V phantom power (DIN 45 596)
* The amplifier is equipped with self sensing power circuitry and depending on the source microphone will adjust between the following worst case scenarios: For a phantom powered mic requiring maximum current there will be a phantom voltage drop of 2.6V and no shunt current used. For a non phantom powered mic there will be a phantom voltage drop of 2.6V and a shunt current of less than 1.5mA.
* Strong Neutrik extruded aluminium case with laser engraved legend
* Internal circuitry encapsulated for robustness and maximum moisture resistance
* Connectors all Neutrik gold plated 3 pin XLR: Pin 1 – ground, Pin 2 – signal + (hot), Pin 3 – signal – (cold)
Dimensions and weight:
* Dimensions: 78mm (l) x 26mm (w) x 31mm (h)
* Weight: 88g
* The preamplifier is designed to boost low level mic signals before they go into the microphone input of a recorder or sound mixer. It is not designed for and should not be used to amplify a signal to line level. At levels above -10dB distortion will begin to occur.
* The preamplifier is best positioned as close to the microphone as possible, in this way the maximum signal to noise benefit will be achieved.
* It is powered by 48V phantom power which is normally switchable on the microphone input of professional recorders and mixers. It cannot be used with other forms of microphone power.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!