+44 1803 865913
A description of all 729 species of ferns and related plants in Taiwan. Taiwan is one of the global diversity centers of pteridophytes (ferns, and plants allied to them) with more than 700 species distributed over an area of 35,800 km2.
Ferns and Fern Allies of Taiwan provides an illustrated introduction to all species of Taiwan and its neighboring smaller islands and islets.
- all currently known species, subspecies and hybrids
- invasive species
- extensively illustrated with a total of more than 4700 images
- precise keys for the reliable identification of families, genera and species
- comprehensive background information
- recommendations for conservation needs
- distribution and frequency information for all species
- description of vegetation zones and habitats for all species
- scientific names accompanied with Chinese name, pinyin transcription and commonly used deviating scientific names
- extensive bibliography
- detailed index containing synonyms, misapplied names and names in alternative taxonomic combinations
"[...]Indubitably this work is a remarkable contribution to our understanding and appreciation of the Taiwanese pteridoflora. Its faults are few, most significantly the outdated classification of families and genera, plus the lack of detailed locality information below the county level. In summary, 'Ferns and fern allies of Taiwan' is a comprehensive as well as a visually rich and beautiful synopsis of Taiwanese pteridophytes. This flora serves both as an invaluable reference source and as a magnificent presentation for all persons appreciating the diversity of plants."
- F.W. Li, Duke University; Taxon 60(4)
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I am not an easy shopper to please, but NHBS goes beyond my highest expectations in every way
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985