An insightful new work, Function, Phylogeny, and Fossils integrates two practices in paleobiology which are often separated – functional and phylogenetic analysis. Function, Phylogeny, and Fossils summarizes the evidence on paleoenvironments at the most important Miocene hominoid sites and relates it to the pertinent fossil record. The contributors present the most up-to-date statements on the functional anatomy and likely behavior of the best known hominoids of this crucial period of ape and human evolution. A key feature is a comprehensive table listing 240 characteristics among 13 genera of living and extinct hominoids.
- Function and Phylogeny in Miocene Hominoids; C.V. Ward, et al.
- Comments on the Last Decades of Research on Miocene Hominoids and Hominid Origins; D. Pilbeam
- Inter-Relationships Between Functional Morphology and Paleoenvironments in Miocene Hominoids; P. Andrews, et al.
- The Early Evolution of the Hominoid Face; T.C. Rae
- Functional and Phylogenetic Features of the Forelimb in Miocene; M.D. Rose
- Functional Anatomy and Phyletic Implications of the Hominoid Trunk and Hindlimb; C.V. Ward
- Dental Evidence for Diets in Some Miocene Catarrhines with Comments on the Effects of Phylogeny on the Interpretation of Adaptation; R.F. Kay, P.S. Ungar
- Miocene Hominoid Mandibles: Functional and Phylogenetic Perspectives; B. Brown
- Paleobiological and Phylogenetic Significance of Life History in Miocene Hominoids; J. Kelley
- Proconsul – Function and Phylogeny; A. Walker
- Afrophitecus – Function and Phylogeny; M. Leakey, A. Walker
- On the Relationships and Africa; M.L. McCrossi, B.R. Benefit
- The Taxonomy and Phylogeny of Sivapithecus Revisited; S. Ward
- Phyletic Affinities and Functional Convergence in Dryopithecus and Other Miocene and Living Hominids; D. Begun, L. Kordo
4 Additional Articles
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I'm telling all my friends about your site. We're all into conservation and the environment and the variety of offerings is really impressive.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985