This work represents a taxonomical contribution, based on a descriptive study, of some nodulose/angulose-spored species of Inocybe (Fr.) Fr.
The results of this study can be summarized as follows:
1) A total of 22 taxa were studied, corresponding to 20 species and 2 varieties;
2) three new taxa are described as new: I. leonina, I. pseudoasterospora var. violaceobrunnea and I. purpureobadia;
3) the new name I. robertii is given to the taxon previously called I. oblectabilis f. macrospora;
4) the new combination I. curvipes var. ionipes is made;
5) a comparative study between many of our collections with the corresponding typus collections or similar taxa has been made, including the following species: I. alnea, I. castanea, I. cicatricata, I. curvipes, I. decipiens, I. dunensis, I. dunensis var. paucicystidiosa, I. goniopusio, I. hiulca f. major, I. jacobi, I. margaritispora var. minor, I. ochracea, I. piceae, I. pseudohiulca, I. straminipes, I. subtrivialis and Agaricus (Inocybe) trechisporus; and
6) on the basis of the comparative type studies previously mentioned, we conclude that the following taxa are synonymous: I. alnea with I. ochracea, I. piceae and I. hiulca f. major with I. pseudohiulca, and I. proximella ss. J. Favre with I. soluta.
Macro- and microscopical descriptions, drawings and photographs of the 22 taxa are presented.