Sustainable agriculture is a rapidly growing field aiming at producing food and energy in a sustainable way for our children. This discipline addresses current issues such as climate change, increasing food and fuel prices, starvation, obesity, water pollution, soil erosion, fertility loss, pest control and biodiversity depletion. Novel solutions are proposed based on integrated knowledge from agronomy, soil science, molecular biology, chemistry, toxicology, ecology, economy, philosophy and social sciences. As actual society issues are now intertwined, sustainable agriculture will bring solutions to build a safer world.
This book series analyzes current agricultural issues and proposes alternative solutions, consequently helping all scientists, decision-makers, professors, farmers and politicians wishing to build safe agriculture, energy and food systems for future generations.
1. Addicted to Growth; Mr. Rudy M. Baum
2. Grass biomethane for agriculture and energy; Dr. Nicholas E. Korres
3. Genetic mechanisms enhancing plant biodiversity; Dr. Ioannis S. Tokatlidis
4. Integrated agri-aquaculture systems; Dr. Ariel D. Zajdband
5. Small RNA-mediated defensive and adaptive responses in plants; Dr. Qazi Mohd. Rizwanul Haq
6. Beneficial Soil Microorganisms, an Ecological Alternative for Soil Fertility Management; Dr. Claudio Altomare
7. Human Labour and Green Manure, Two Overlooked Factors for Energy Analysis in Agriculture; Dr. Vito Sardo
8. Sustaining Indian Agriculture in the era of climate change; Dr. Bijaya Kumar Padhi
9. Ecological threats and agricultural opportunities of the aquatic cane-like grass Phragmites australis in wetlands; Dr. Andreas P. Mamolos
10. Effects of genotype, environment and management on yields and quality of black tea; Prof. P. Okinda Owuor
11. Biotechnology and agroforestry in Indian arid regions; Prof. K.G. Ramawat
12. Mutual legume intercropping for forage production in temperate regions; Dr. Branko Cupina
13. Alternative Farming Techniques for Sustainable Food Production; Dr. G. Poyya Moli