Sustainable agriculture is a rapidly growing field aiming at producing food and energy in a sustainable way for our children. This discipline addresses current issues such as climate change, increasing food and fuel prices, starvation, obesity, water pollution, soil erosion, fertility loss, pest control and biodiversity depletion. Novel solutions are proposed based on integrated knowledge from agronomy, soil science, molecular biology, chemistry, toxicology, ecology, economy, philosophy and social sciences. As actual society issues are now intertwined, sustainable agriculture will bring solutions to build a safer world.
This book series analyzes current agricultural issues, and proposes alternative solutions, consequently helping all scientists, decision-makers, professors, farmers and politicians wishing to build safe agriculture, energy and food systems for future generations.
1. Thinking by Connections and the Dynamics of Nature for Food Production; Dr. Clara Ceppa
2. Transgenic Bt Corn Hybrids and Pest Management in the USA; Dr. Siddharth Tiwari
3. Marker-Assisted Breeding in Higher Plants; Dr. Mehboob Rahman
4. Phytoremediation Techniques for Pesticide Contaminations; Dr. Sophie Pascal-Lorber
5. Sustainable Land Use and Agricultural Soil; Dr. Victor Hugo Duran
6. Drought Stress Effect on Crop Pollination, Seed Set, Yield and Quality; Dr. Ahmad Alqudah
7. Ecological Fertilization; Dr. Gyorgy Fuleky
8. Tropical Homegardens in Bangladesh, Characteristics and Sustainability; Dr. Mahbubul Alam
9. Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi and Rhizobium to Control Plant Fungal Diseases; Dr. Mohdsayeed Akhtar
10. Sustainable Crop production using Saline and Sodic Irrigation Waters; Dr. Om Parkash Choudhary
11. Climate Change Impact on Forestry in India; Dr. Geetanjali Kaushik