+44 1803 865913
By: Harm J de Blij(Author), Peter O Muller(Author), Jan Nijman(Author)
The new 15th edition maintains the quality you’ve come to expect from the foremost author team in geography. It continues to showcase authoritative content, outstanding cartography, currency, and flexibility in a technology-rich package.
Joining the author team in the 15th edition is Jan Nijman, Professor of Geography and Regional Studies at the University of Amsterdam, Professor Emeritus at the University of Miami, and a member of the National Geographic Society’s Committee for Research and Exploration. Professor Nijman worked together with the senior authors to bring these enhancements to the new edition of Regions.
New to this edition:
- New Organization! Chapters are now divided into A/B sections. Within each chapter, Part A, Defining the Realm, examines developments that unfold across the entire realm or major parts of it. In Part B, Regions of the Realm, the authors explore the regions within the realms to view developments at a finer resolution and examine the role of individual states and national cultures.
- New and updated content incorporated into the narrative of every chapter. Chapters 8A and 8B (South Asia), for example, now discusses recent developments in the cultural and religious conflict between Pakistan and India, as well as a more detailed discussion of economic growth and effects of globalization in South Asia.
- New "Voice From the Region" feature, in every chapter. Each essay showcases the local perspective of an individual who resides in the realm.
- Many new photographs and field notes, taken by co-author Jan Nijman while doing fieldwork.
- New BBC videos, which can be used as lecture-launchers in class.
Introduction World Regional Geography: Global Perspectives
Chapter 1A Europe: Defining The Realm
Chapter 1B European Regions
Chapter 2A Russia: Defining The Realm
Chapter 2B Russian Regions
Chapter 3A North America: Defining The Realm
Chapter 3B Regions Of North America
Chapter 4A Middle America: Defining The Realm
Chapter 4B Regions Of Middle America
Chapter 5A South America: Defining The Realm
Chapter 5B South American Regions
Chapter 6A Subsaharan Africa: Defining The Realm
Chapter 6B Regions Of Subsaharan Africa
Chapter 7A The North African/Southwest Asian Realm
Chapter 7B Regions Of North Africa/Southwest Asia
Chapter 8A South Asia: Defining The Realm
Chapter 8B South Asian Regions
Chapter 9A The East Asian Realm
Chapter 9B East Asian Regions
Chapter 10A The Southeast Asian Realm
Chapter 10B Southeast Asian Regions
Chapter 11 The Austral Realm
Chapter 12 Pacific Realm And Polar Futures
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
thank you for the excellent customer service
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985