Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
With increasing migratory and sedentary livestock population and unplanned grazing, the Himalayan grasslands have been facing acute threat of degradation. Unfortunate is the fact that grasslands have long been an abandoned and low priority and low priority area in the Governmental plans and policies. There have also been meager efforts in accounting their ecosystem function. Overall a large gap exists in understanding of ecosystem function and sustainable utilization of these economically and ecologically important habitats.
The present book encompasses data generated on various aspects of grassland ecosystem function such as structure and composition, phenology, vigour, biomass and productivity energetic and nutrient cycling.
Grassland Ecosystems of Central Indian Himalaya may be instrumental in providing baseline data of research and development of Himalayan grassland which may further be useful in sustainable utilization of grasslands and study of climate change.
2. Study sites experimental design and data collection
3. Grassland structure and species composition
4. Grassland species phenological attainment
5. Grassland species vigour and growth
6. Biomass structure and productivity of grasslands
7. Efficiency of energy capture of grasslands
8. Nutrient cycling of grasslands
9. Socio-economic aspects