+44 1803 865913
By: AK Townsend(Author)
188 pages, illustrations
Green Business offers a five-part model companies can follow to "green" themselves. Moreover, it shares the success, and failures, of forerunners in this fast-growing business trend.
Green Business details why and how businesses are becoming more environmentally firendly. It sites seventeen case studies that illustrate "green" advantages enjoyed by companies like Interface, Inc., Patagonia, IBM, Mitsubishi Corporation, and others. Winning "green" practices like the following have enhanced the performance of companies, both in employee retention, customer loyalty, and overall profits.
- Patagonia encouraged employees to be active outdoor and paid them to work for non-profit organizations, and enjoyed a rise in loyalty among its staff
- IBM saved $17.8 million dollars one year simply by encouraging employees to turn off unused lights and equipment
- The implementing of greener practices is credited for a 1,100-percent increase in stock value since 1992 for Suncor Energy
- By encouraging green practices and making sustainability a company-wide goal, Interface, Inc. was named one of Fortune's "Top 100 Places to Work in the Country"
- Since it started producing "greener" products, Electrolux has experienced a 3.5-percent increase in profit margins
This groundbreaking book suggests that the future of green business may lie in the new field of "business ecology." Learn what is driving this movement and what a company needs to do to improve its environmental performance. While many companies have made great strides in improving their environmental performances, there is little standardization for what is "greened."
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
AK Townsend is the author of Smart Office.
Your orders support book donation projects
I have always been MOST impressed by the efficiency, courtesy, integrity and professionalism of NHBS!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985