+44 1803 865913
By: Thomas Aronsson(Editor), Karl-Gustaf Löfgren(Editor)
296 pages, diagrams, tables
This concise Handbook examines welfare measurement problems in a dynamic economy, focusing on the welfare-economic foundations for social accounting. With environmental accounting becoming an increasingly important area of research, this timely Handbook assesses the ways in which the system of national accounts should be modified to accurately reflect the social value of economic activity, and how the comprehensive (or 'green') net national product ought to be measured. It also addresses the principles for measuring welfare in a community at a given point in time, cost – benefit analysis for measuring welfare change and the principles for measuring sustainability, all of which have played important roles in the development of theories of social accounting. Covering a broad range of topics on environmental accounting such as endogenous risk and social accounting, money metrics welfare measures, public sector aspects of social accounting, dynamic cost – benefit analysis, and genuine saving, this unique Handbook will be a stimulating read for researchers and graduate students focusing on welfare economics and environmental economics.
1. An Introduction to the Theory of Social Accounting Thomas Aronsson and Karl-Gustaf Lofgren
2. The Money Metrics Problem in Dynamic Welfare Analysis Karl-Gustaf Lofgren
3. Welfare Measurement, Hyperbolic Discounting and Paternalism Kenneth Backlund and Tomas Sjogren
4. Dynamic Endogenous Risk and Social Accounting Ram Ranjan and Jason F. Shogren
5. Welfare Measurement and Public Goods in a Second-best Economy Thomas Aronsson
6. How are Green National Accounts Produced in Practice? Eva Samakovlis
7. The Theory of Dynamic Cost - Benefit Analysis: Some Recent Advances Chuan-Zhong Li
8. Some Dynamic Economic Consequences of the Climate-Sensitivity Inference Dilemma Martin L. Weitzman
9. Sustainable Consumption Programs John M. Hartwick
10. The Relationship Between Welfare Measures and Indicators of Sustainable Development Geir B. Asheim
11. Genuine Saving, Social Welfare and Rules for Sustainability Kirk Hamilton
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I ordered a book from NHBS, it reached India within 7 days by standard shipping! Wonderful packing.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985