+44 1803 865913
By: Mark Holmers and Peter Cockcroft
The first accessible information on how to carry out veterinary clinical research. This book is an aid to increasing the quantity and quality of such research within veterinary clinical practice. Covering all the core research methods as well as aspects specific to veterinary medicine. Clinical research aims to optimize decision making in practice by answering questions on the best diagnostic options and treatments. Reading this book will help you take the intellectually rewarding step towards improving prognoses and outcomes through informed decisions. Special attention is given to ethical and legal issues, how to maximise the power of studies when faced with small numbers of patients, and how to go about research with few obvious resources to hand.
2. Establishing the Hypothesis
3. Subjects Selection Criteria and Recruitment
5. Introducing Statistics
6. Estimating the Sample Size
7. Observational Studies: Cohort Studies
8. Cross-Sectional and Case-Control Studies
9. Clinical Randomized Controlled Trials
10. Studies on Diagnostic Tests
11. Designing Questionnaires
12. Study Implementation
13. Data Management
14. Writing a Research Protocol
15. Writing and Reviewing Scientific Papers
16. Ethical and Legal Considerations
17. Systematic Reviews, Meta Analysis, Critically Appraised Topics, Decision Analysis, Case Series and Case Reports
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Dr Mark Holmes is a senior lecturer in preventive veterinary medicine, Chairman of the Farm Animal Epidemiology and Informatics Unit, and director of the Outreach Program of the Cambridge Infectious Diseases Consortium, at the University of Cambridge.
Dr Peter Cockcroft is Programme Director of Cambridge Expert Vets, an independent veterinary education, training and support business. He was previously a senior lecturer in farm animal medicine at the University of Cambridge for 11 years.
Your orders support book donation projects
We welcome the range and price of boxes available and have been delighted with the speedy service compared to other suppliers.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985