+44 1803 865913
By: Sanjay Kumar Sharma(Editor)
500 pages, colour & b/w illustrations
Contamination of drinking water is a worldwide problem, and ongoing work is taking place across the globe to address the issues affecting this precious commodity. Focussing on the presence of heavy metals in water, Heavy Metals in Water addresses the opportunities and challenges of this important area of research. Written and edited by experts working within the area Heavy Metals in Water highlights new techniques and research methodologies used to treat the widespread issue of dissolved heavy metals in drinking water supplies.
The text covers a wide range of topics, including biofilterations, use of nanotechnology against heavy metals, removal of heavy metals using industrial and agricultural waste, use of surfactants, soil degradation and removal of dyes and pigments from industrial effluents. Providing an up-to-date treatise on this developing field, this text will be essential reading for water and environmental scientists, toxicologists, biochemists and regulators, and anyone interested in the treatment and decontamination of the World's drinking water supplies.
- Contamination of heavy metals in aquatic media
- Photocatalytic processes for the removal of toxic metal ions
- Removal of dissolved metals by bio-remediation
- Functionalized magnetic nanoparticles for heavy metals removal from aqueous solutions
- Arsenic contamination
- Removal of iron and manganese from water
- Heavy metal pollution in water resources in China
- Heavy metals distribution in surface water samples of Taihu Lake, China
- Use of nanotechnology against heavy metals present in water; Modified and new
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS has enriched my life with knowledge for many years now
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985