+44 1803 865913
By: Mark Jobling(Author), Edward Hollox(Author), Toomas Kivisild(Author), Chris Tyler-Smith(Author), Matthew E Hurles(Author)
670 pages, colour & b/w photos, colour illustrations, colour tables
Now in full color, this new edition of Human Evolutionary Genetics has been brought up-to-date with the many advances and discoveries made since the publication of the highly regarded first edition. The focus of Human Evolutionary Genetics is human genetic diversity: the mechanisms that generate it, how we study it, its implications in evolution, and its implications today. It will be an invaluable resource for anyone studying human evolution, genetic variation, population genetics, and biological anthropology.
1. An Introduction to Human Evolutionary Genetics
Section I: How Do We Study Genetic Variation?
2. Organization and Inheritance of the Human Genome
3. Human Genome Variation
4. Finding and Assaying Genome Diversity
Section II: How Do We Interpret Genetic Variation?
5. Processes Shaping Diversity
6. Making Inferences from Diversity
Section III: Where and When Did Humans Originate?
7. Humans as Apes
8. What Genetic Changes Have Made Us Human?
9. Origins of Modern Humans
Section IV: How Did Humans Colonize the World?
10. The Distribution of Diversity
11. The Colonization of the Old World And Australia
12. Agricultural Expansions
13. Into New Found Lands
14. What Happens When Populations Meet?
Section V: How Is An Evolutionary Perspective Helpful?
15. How Is An Evolutionary Perspective Useful?
16. Evolutionary Insights into Simple Genetic Diseases
17. Evolution and Complex Diseases
18. Identity and Identification
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I don't know how you got a book printed 26 years ago in the conditions that I received it (like new) but you do it! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985