Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Cave and Karst Systems of the World illustrates the diversity of hypogene speleogenetic processes and void-conduit patterns depending on variations of the geological environments by presenting regional and cave-specific case studies. The cases include both well-known and newly recognized hypogene karst regions and caves of the world. They all focus on geological, hydrogeological, geodynamical and evolutionary contexts of hypogene speleogenesis.
The last decade has witnessed the boost in recognition of the possibility, global occurrence, and practical importance of hypogene karstification (speleogenesis), i.e. the development of solutional porosity and permeability by upwelling flow, independent of recharge from the overlying or immediately adjacent surface. Hypogene karst has been identified and documented in many regions where it was previously overlooked or misinterpreted. Cave and Karst Systems of the World enriches the basis for generalization and categorization of hypogene karst and thus improves our ability to adequately model hypogene karstification and predict related porosity and permeability. It is a book which benefits every researcher, student, and practitioner dealing with karst.
- Types and settings of hypogene karst
- Hypogenic caves In The United Kingdom
- Hypogene imprints in coastal karst caves from Mallorca Island
- Hypogene karst in Austria
- Update on the Hypogenic caves of Sicily
- Hypogene caves in Germany, geological and geochemical background
- The role of hypogene speleogenesis in the formation of the Ordinskaya cave, fore-Urals, Russia
- An Introduction to Hypogene Karst Regions and Caves of Iran