This Improved Cavity Bat Box has the following features;
* FSC Certified.
* Suitable for the British cavity-dwelling bats - including the Brown Long-Eared, Daubenton's, Natterer's, Bechstein's, Grey Long-Eared, Whiskered, Brandt's and Nathusius' Pipistrelle bats. These species together make up about 20% of UK bats.
* External panels precision cut from 12mm Exterior Grade FSC plywood, for improved heat insulation.
* Exterior surface stained black with water based woodstain for improved thermal input, whilst avoiding any possibility of deterring the bats due to vapour from the stain.
* Overhanging apex roof for protection from UK weather.
* Single large cavity inside, with varying temperature characteristics.
* Wide entrance with accurately sized opening. Ideal for cavity dwelling bats and deters unwelcome birds etc.
* Internal ceramic heat sink ensures improved temperature stability.
* Improved "Bat Ladder" at base of box facilitates bats landing and climbing into box.
* Ladder continues inside box, while textured internal surfaces ensure bats find it easy to move around inside box and on the walls.
* Ladder acts as "convector heater" for box - when sun shines on ladder, warm air rises into the box, but does not come out when the outside cools.
* Easy and safe to erect box on walls or trees - relatively light weight, with 1 keyhole mounting hole and 2 extra screw holes for secure fixing.
* Floor slides out (after removing 1 screw) for cleaning or inspection where permitted.
* Improved draught-proofing enhances temperature stability inside box.
* Improved aesthetics - looks good to humans as well as bats. Suits any building or tree.
Specifications: Exterior quality resin bonded ply, manufactured with surface sunk coated staples to resist rusting, external surfaces treated with water based woodstain, internal ceramic heat sinks.
Size: 38cm Height x 24cm Width x 15cm Depth
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
We find their customer service to be excellent
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985