This Improved Cavity Bat Box has the following features;
* FSC Certified.
* Suitable for the British cavity-dwelling bats - including the Brown Long-Eared, Daubenton's, Natterer's, Bechstein's, Grey Long-Eared, Whiskered, Brandt's and Nathusius' Pipistrelle bats. These species together make up about 20% of UK bats.
* External panels precision cut from 12mm Exterior Grade FSC plywood, for improved heat insulation.
* Exterior surface stained black with water based woodstain for improved thermal input, whilst avoiding any possibility of deterring the bats due to vapour from the stain.
* Overhanging apex roof for protection from UK weather.
* Single large cavity inside, with varying temperature characteristics.
* Wide entrance with accurately sized opening. Ideal for cavity dwelling bats and deters unwelcome birds etc.
* Internal ceramic heat sink ensures improved temperature stability.
* Improved "Bat Ladder" at base of box facilitates bats landing and climbing into box.
* Ladder continues inside box, while textured internal surfaces ensure bats find it easy to move around inside box and on the walls.
* Ladder acts as "convector heater" for box - when sun shines on ladder, warm air rises into the box, but does not come out when the outside cools.
* Easy and safe to erect box on walls or trees - relatively light weight, with 1 keyhole mounting hole and 2 extra screw holes for secure fixing.
* Floor slides out (after removing 1 screw) for cleaning or inspection where permitted.
* Improved draught-proofing enhances temperature stability inside box.
* Improved aesthetics - looks good to humans as well as bats. Suits any building or tree.
Specifications: Exterior quality resin bonded ply, manufactured with surface sunk coated staples to resist rusting, external surfaces treated with water based woodstain, internal ceramic heat sinks.
Size: 38cm Height x 24cm Width x 15cm Depth