About this book
This volume analyses case studies of good water governance from different parts of the world, and for different water use sectors. It concludes with an analysis of the critical issues that should be considered for water governance and a priority research agenda for improving this in the future.
It is published as a special issue of the International Journal of Water Resources Development.
1. Future Water Governance: Problems and Perspectives Asit K. Biswas and Cecilia Tortajada
2. Water Governance in the Middle East and North Africa: An Unfinished Agenda Eglal Rached and David B. Brooks
3. Water Supply of Phnom Penh: An Example of Good Governance Asit K. Biswas and Cecilia Tortajada
4. Service Quality and Performance Measurement: Evidence from the Indian Water Sector Surender Kumar and Shunsuke Managi
5. Municipal Water Supply Management in Bangkok: Achievements and Lessons Mukand S. Babel, Aldrin A. Rivas and Seetharam Kallidaikurichi
6. Is Access to Water as Good as the Data Claim? Case Study of Yucatan Jorge Guardiola, Francisco Gonzalez-Gomez and ngel Lendechy Grajales
7. Challenges for Water Governance in Rural Water Supply: Lessons Learned from Tanzania A. Jimenez and A. Perez-Foguet
8. Governing to Grow Enough Food without Enough Water--Second Best Solutions Show the Way David Molden, Jonathan Lautze, Tushaar Shah, Dong Bin, Mark Giordano and Luke Sanford
9. Irrigation Modernization in Spain: Effects on Water Quantity and Quality--A Conceptual Approach S. Lecina, D. Isidoro, E. Playan and R. Aragues
10. A Spatial Planning Perspective for Measures Concerning Flood Risk Management J. M. M. Neuvel and W. van der Knaap
11. Water Governance: Some Critical Issues Cecilia Tortajada
12. Water Governance: A Research Agenda Cecilia Tortajada
Instituto Aragones del Agua, Spain Third World Centre for Water Management, Mexico