The second volume of the IMPD series describes aspects related to most important phytoparasitic nematodes, considering the integration of biological control methods with other management practices and technologies, including the use of predatory nematodes and microbial rhizosphere antagonists. Chapters cover topics like the mode of action and interactions of nematophagous fungi, the efficacy of controll and management of plant parasitic nematode communities through a soil conservation approach, and exploitation of nematodes-bacteria antagonistic relationships. A focus is given on regional issues, like the management of nematodes parasitizing staple crops, i.e. andean tubers or some important grain crops, like soybean in North and South America or cereals. A review on nematode management in cotton is integrated by a chapter on management of nematodes on wheat. New technologies are also revised, including the potentials of control methods based on RNA interference and issues related to the use of biofumigation to control nematodes in different regional or crop contexts.
"This book is a useful, up-to-date introduction to management of nematodes of broad-acre grain crops, and vegetable crops grown on a much smaller scale. [...] This reference book should be included in all agricultural libraries. It will be useful for both students and practitioners such as agronomists, and will hopefully raise awareness of alternative methods of nematode control – particularly for horticulture."
- Kerrie Davies, Australian Nematology Newsletter, Vol. 21 (1), 2009
1. General review on integrated management of nematodes of cotton, including genetics and resistance
2. IPM of soybean nematodes in the USA
3. Biological and integrated control of root-knot nematodes by parasitic fungi
4. Management of root and tuber crops nematodes in Andean cropping systems
5. Integrated management of root-knot nematodes in Mediterranean horticultural systems
6. Integrated management of soybean nematodes in Latin America
7. Management of cyst nematodes with natural products
8. Biofumigation of plant parasitic nematodes
9. Plant parasitic nematode diversity and ecological management of nematode communities in Africa
10. Pasteuria based management of RK nematodes
11. Alternatives to soil fumigants and nematodes management tools
12. Ecology and biological control potentials of predatory nematodes in pest management
13. Ecology and management of Anguina spp. nematodes and associated toxigenic bacteria
14. A synopsis of nematofagous fungi?
15. IM of potato RK nematodes
16. Integrated control and management of nematodes attacking cereals and small grain crops
17. Pratylenchus spp., soil ecology and management strategies, including the role of soil biota
18. Perspectives and potentials of RNA interference in the management of phytoparasitic nematodes
19. Nematodes of ornamental crops and their integrated management
20. Integrated management of tree crops nematodes with natural products
21. IPM nematodes
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!