+44 1803 865913
By: Kathryn Bayne(Editor), Patricia V Turner(Editor)
608 pages, ~150 colour illustrations
Laboratory Animal Welfare provides a comprehensive, up-to-date look into the new science of animal welfare within laboratory research. Animals specifically considered include rodents, cats and dogs, nonhuman primates, agricultural animals, avian animals and aquatic animals.
Laboratory Animal Welfare examines the impact of experiment design and environment on animal welfare, as well as emergency situations and euthanasia practices. Readers will benefit from a review of regulations and policy guidelines concerning lab animal use, as well as information on assessing animal welfare. With discussions of the history and ethics of animals in research, and a debate on contemporary and international issues, Laboratory Animal Welfare is a go-to resource for laboratory animal welfare.
1. Concepts and History of Animal Welfare
2. Ethical Issues
3. Regulations, Policies and Guidelines Impacting Laboratory Animal Welfare
4. Animal Welfare Assessment Considerations
5. Contemporary Issues
6. International Issues
7. Animal Environments and Their Impact on Laboratory Animal Welfare
8. Experimental Design
9. Animal Welfare Considerations in Biomedical Research and Testing
10. Supporting Laboratory Animal Welfare During Emergencies
11. Euthanasia and Laboratory Animal Welfare
12. Rodent and Rabbit Welfare in the research Environment
13. Nonhuman Primate Welfare in the Research Environment
14. Cat and Dog Welfare in the Research Environment
15. Agricultural Animal Welfare in the Research Environment
16. Avian Welfare in the Research Environment
17. Aquatic Animal Welfare in the Research Environment
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I'm telling all my friends about your site. We're all into conservation and the environment and the variety of offerings is really impressive.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985