The book consists of 3 chapters with 10 contributions written by internationally renowned experts in the correspondent areas. The first chapter is devoted to the study of light scattering by a single particle and also by the ensembles of particles in the single scattering approximation valid for a low concentration of scatterers. In particular, light scattering by ice crystals, soil particles and biological particles is considered. The authors pay attention to both theoretical and experimental results in the area.
In short, this volume gives a valuable picture of recent developments in the area. The second chapter is aimed at the investigation of multiple light scattering and radiative transfer. The last chapter is devoted to the applications of light scattering techniques in combustion and marine research. Furthermore, this book has the potential to further facilitate studies in the area of light scattering media optics and be of importance to researchers across various scientific fields including astronomy, biophysics, combustion, meteorology, optics, remote sensing and geophysics.
Chapter 1: Single light scattering
1. Experimental light scattering matrices from the Amsterdam Light Scattering Database
2. Light scattering and absorption by nonsperhical ice crsytals
3. Light scattering and absorption characteristics of optically soft particles
4. Single light scattering: computational methods
Chapter 2: Multiple light scattering
5. Multiple scattering of short waves by uncorrelated and correlated scatterers
6. Asymptotic radiative transfer
7. Multiple scattering of polarized light in turbid media with large particles
8. Adjoint radiative transfer equation and inverse problems
Chapter 3: Applications
9. Light scattering in combustion
10. Absorption and scattering of light in natural waters
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
We welcome the range and price of boxes available and have been delighted with the speedy service compared to other suppliers.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985