+44 1803 865913
This book continues the "Light Scattering Reviews" series devoted to modern knowledge and milestones in both experimental and theoretical techniques related to light scattering and radiative transport problems. It gives a valuable picture of recent developments in the area of remote sensing and radiative transfer. The work has capabilities to further facilitate studes in light scattering media optics and be of importance for researchers across various scientific fields including astronomy, meteorology and geophysics.
The monograph includes eight in-depth review chapters contributed by leading experts in various aspects of light scattering and its applications. [...] this one provides a wealth of information presented mostly in a systematic, self-contained, and accessible form. [...] This book will be a valuable addition to any research or university library. Individual professional researchers should also seriously consider buying a copy of the book for personal use [...].
- Michael I. Mishchenko, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, Vol. 109, 2008
Part I Remote sensing and radiative transfer
1. Solar radiative transfer for global climate studies
2. On the remote sensing and radiative properties of cirrus
3. Retrieval of cloud optical thickness and effective radius using multispectral remote sensing and accounting for 3D effects
4. Raman lidar remote sensing of geophysical media
Part II. Inverse problems
5. Linearization of vector radiative transfer by means of the forward-adjoint perturbation theory and its use in atmospheric remote sensing
6. Derivatives of the radiation field and their application to the solution of inverse problems
Part III Numerical techniques
7. Studies of light scattering by complex particles using the null-field method with discrete sources
8 Radiative transfer in horizontally and vertically inhomomgeneous turbid media
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
thank you for the excellent customer service
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985