+44 1803 865913
This third volume, Manual of Soil Laboratory Testing, Volume 3: Effective Stress Tests, completes the long-established key handbook for the laboratory testing of soils. The text covers soil testing in terms of effective stress, for which the measurement of pore water pressure is the essential feature. The principle and theory of effective stress are explained, practical applications are outlined, and the apparatus used, including its calibration and checking, is described.
Manual of Soil Laboratory Testing, Volume 3: Effective Stress Tests has been updated to reflect current practice and instrumentation using electronic data capture. The first two chapters provide the theory. These are followed by a description of the apparatus and associated instrumentation for effective stress triaxial tests and then the test procedures themselves. A description of the accelerated permeability test and procedures for unconsolidated undrained and consolidated undrained triaxial compression tests using a mid-height pore pressure probe have been added, and reference to changes due to Eurocode 7 requirements for sample quality are provided as required.
- Effective stress testing principles, theory and applications
- Stress paths in triaxial testing
- Test equipment
- Calibrations, corrections and general practice
- Routine effective stress triaxial tests
- Further triaxial shear strength tests
- Triaxial consolidation and permeability tests
- Hydraulic cell consolidation and permeability tests
- Appendix: Units, nomenclature and laboratory equipment
- Uncertainty of measurement
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM NHBS. I will continue to choose them wherever possible for future purchases. Good service deserves to be rewarded.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985