+44 1803 865913
The age-old knowledge enshrined in folk medicine across the world has been a remarkable resource which continues to have immense value. This is equally true in Australia, where a fusion developed based on old European wisdom, innovative discoveries regarding the native flora, and local Aboriginal knowledge. Ancient herbal remedies may not have had the advantages of modern chemical analysis, but the practitioners of herbal arts were very familiar with the practical deployment of plant-derived drugs. Traditions such as these have underpinned the development of numerous modern drugs – and continue to be a resource that inspires medical discovery to this day.
1. Flowers of the Materia Medica
2. Asteraceae: Daisies of the Apothecary
3. Validating Bush Medicines
4. New Roles for Old Remedies ?
5. Earth Medicine: A Mineral Pharmacy
6. A Desire for Dirt?
7. Arid Landscapes: Medicinals and Aromatics from the Desert
8 .Ancient Drugs in a Modern World
9. Pituri: A Mysterious Narcotic
10. Tobacco Tales
11. Steroids from Yams
12. Kangaroo Apples and Blackberry Nightshades
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Your prompt attention has beaten almost every other material supplier hands down.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985