640 pages, colour photos, illustrations, tables
Cengage Learning's Meteorology Today, 10th edition brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools along with market leading text content for introductory meteorology courses. Whether you use a traditional printed text or the all digital Meteorology Today's Course Mate alternative, it's never been easier to better understand the underlying principles of meteorology and appreciate the dynamic nature of the inevitable weather phenomena that continually influence our lives.
New to this edition:
- New Concept Animation boxes provide students a brief summary of important topics and refer the reader to a high quality animation to view and visualize the concept in action.
- New Critical Thinking questions are linked to key figures encouraging students to synthesize and apply the information presented in the text and in the figure.
- New Social and Economic Impact Focus Boxes spotlight the significant role weather plays in our lives, the importance of accurate weather forecasting, and tools organizations use to manage weather-related risks.
1. Introduction: Earth and Its Atmosphere
2. Heating and Cooling Earth's Surface and Atmosphere
3. Temperature: Seasonal and Daily Variation
4. Water in the Atmosphere
5. Atmospheric Condensation
6. Atmospheric Stability and Clouds
8. Atmospheric Pressure and Wind Flow
9. Small Scale and Local Winds
10. Global Wind
11. Air Masses and Frontal Systems
12. Cyclones of the Middle Latitudes
13. Forecasting the Weather
14. Severe Weather Thunderstorms and Tornadoes
15. Tropical Cyclones
16. Climate Change
17. Climates of the World
18. Atmospheric Pollution
19. Atmospheric Optics
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
C. Donald Ahrens is Emeritus Professor at Modesto Junior College and the author of two best-selling textbooks for Cengage Learning. The Textbook and Academic Authors Association awarded Professor Ahrens its 2009 McGuffey Longevity Award in the physical science category for his market-leading text Meteorology Today, 9e. Dr. Ahrens has influenced not only professionals in the field of atmospheric science, but has brought better understanding of the science to hundreds of thousands of non-atmospheric science majors who used his books to expand their knowledge of weather and climate. In 2007, the National Weather Association awarded Professor Ahrens a lifetime achievement award for these accomplishments.