+44 1803 865913
By: Hongzhang Chen(Author)
324 pages, 57 colour & 84 b/w illustrations, 34 tables
Modern Solid State Fermentation: Theory and Practice covers state-of-the-art studies in the field of solid state fermentation (SSF). In terms of different characteristics of microbial metabolites, this book catalogs SSF into two main parts: anaerobic and aerobic SSF. Based on the principles of porous media and strategies of process control and scale-up, which are introduced in the book, it not only presents a well-founded explanation of essence of solid state fermentation, but also their influence on microbial physiology.
In addition, due to the rapid development of this field in recent years, inert support solid state fermentation is also examined in detail. At last, the modern solid state fermentation technology platform is proposed, which will be used in solid biomass bioconversion. Modern Solid State Fermentation: Theory and Practice is intended for biochemists, biotechnologists and process engineers, as well as researchers interested in SSF.
- Biotechnology principles of solid-state fermentation
- Principles of solid-state fermentation engineering and its scale-up
- Aerobic solid state fermentation
- Anaerobic solid state fermentation
- Principle and Application of Solid-state Fermentation Carried Out on Inert Support Materials (Adsorbed carrier solid-state fermentation)
- Development trends and application prospects of the modern solid-state fermentation
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Dr. Hongzhang Chen is a Professor at Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
Your orders support book donation projects
On behalf of Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi I would like to thank NHBS. The book will be very useful for my students.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985