+44 1803 865913
Volcanoes have always been a fascinating subject to scientists and a favorite topic for the general public. Monitoring Volcanoes in the North Pacific is a visual learning experience as recorded on satellite images of volcanic eruptions and a manual describing how they is used for operational satellite monitoring.
Monitoring Volcanoes in the North Pacific fills a huge gap in the science of volcano remote sensing. The atlas shows examples of the largest eruptions worldwide and detailed observations from the northern Pacific "ring of fire".
Daily volcano monitoring and analysis in the north Pacific Ocean region have resulted in one of the most detailed collections of satellite images in the world, using state-of-the-art techniques for real-time volcano monitoring and analysis using space-borne data.
Detailed discussion is provided in Monitoring Volcanoes in the North Pacific on satellite data acquisition and analysis, ash-dispersion models, wind field data, case studies, hazard mitigation, transmitting warnings and discussion of global impacts of eruptions.
The Springer package Includes a CD-ROM containing all the images as well as an associated website which will be regularly updated, showing results from new and current eruptions.
Part 1: Understanding Volcano Imagery
1. Introduction to Volcano Monitoring from Space
2. Real-time Operational Satellite Monitoring Techniques
3. Validity and Accuracy of Satellite Data: Atmospheric Effects
4. Elevated Surface Temperatures of Volcanoes
5. Imaging of Volcanic Plumes
6. Gas Emissions from Volcanoes
7. Radar Interferometry (INSAR): A Long-term Monitoring Tool
8. Manned Missions Capturing Volcanic Activity
9. Volcanic Cloud Dispersion Models
10. False Alarms and No Alarms
11. View from the Cockpit
12. Regional and Global Impacts of Volcanic Eruptions in Satellite Imagery
13. Acquiring Satellite Data
Part 2: Atlas of Imagery from the North Pacific
- Thermal Imagery
- Radar Imagery
- Space Shuttle Data and Imagery
- Regional and Global Impact of Eruptions
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Your customer service is outstanding, and I'll definitely refer friends and colleagues to you. May all go well for your company.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985