+44 1803 865913
By: Toshio Sekimura(Editor), Sumihare Noji(Editor), N Ueno(Editor), Philip K Maini(Editor), JD Murray(Foreword By)
398 pages, 16 colour & 159 b/w illustrations
A central goal of current biology is to decode the mechanisms that underlie the processes of morphogenesis and pattern formation. Concerned with the analysis of those phenomena, Morphogenesis and Pattern Formation in Biological Systems covers a broad range of research fields, including developmental biology, molecular biology, plant morphogenesis, ecology, epidemiology, medicine, paleontology, evolutionary biology, mathematical biology, and computational biology.
- Foreword J.D. Murray
- Preface Toshio Sekimura
- Models for Morphogenesis and Pattern Formation
- Morphogenesis and Pattern Formation in Animals
- Morphogenesis and Pattern Formation in Plants
- Morphogenesis and Pattern Formation Viewed from the Behaviour of Individual Cells
- Spatial Pattern and Structure Formation in Ecological Systems
- Spatio-Temporal Pattern Formation in Epidemiology
- Morphogenesis and Pattern Formation in Medicine
- Diversity of Biological Patterns in the Fossil Record and Their Meaning in Morphological Evolution
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I don't know how you got a book printed 26 years ago in the conditions that I received it (like new) but you do it! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985