+44 1803 865913
By: Michael I Mischenko(Author), Larry D Travis(Author), Andrew A Lacis(Author)
460 pages, colour plates, b/w photos, 180 illustrations, tables
Multiple Scattering of Light by Particles provides a thorough and up-to-date treatment of multiple scattering of light and other electromagnetic radiation in media composed of randomly and sparsely positioned particles. It systematically and consistently presents radiative transfer theory as a branch of classical macroscopic electromagnetics. After tracing the fundamental link between radiative transfer theory and the effect of coherent backscattering, the authors explain them in the context of a comprehensive hierarchy of electromagnetic scattering problems. Dedicated sections present a thorough discussion of the physical meaning and range of applicability of the radiative transfer equation and compare the self-consistent microphysical and the traditional phenomenological approaches to radiative transfer.
This self-contained book will be valuable for science professionals, engineers, and graduate students working across a wide range of disciplines including optics, electromagnetics, remote sensing, atmospheric radiation, astrophysics, and biomedicine.
2. Maxwell's equations, electromagnetic waves, and Stokes parameters
3. Basic theory of electromagnetic scattering
4. Scattering by a fixed multi-particle group
5. Statistical averaging
6. Scattering by a single random particle
7. Single scattering by a small random particle group
8. Radiative transfer equation
9. Calculations and measurements of single-particle characteristics
10. Radiative transfer in plane-parallel scattering media
11. Macroscopically isotropic and mirror-symmetric scattering media
12. Radiative transfer in plane-parallel, microscopically isotropic and mirror-symmetric scattering media
13. Illustrative applications of radiative transfer theory
14. Coherent backscattering
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
my first port of call for ordering books
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985