From a fragile and beautiful bird egg to a glittering meteorite from space, discover more than 100 intriguing natural objects with fascinating tales to tell in this beautifully illustrated wildlife book for children.
This unique nature reference book has a fun, new approach that teaches children about nature through objects. It includes:
- More than 100 amazing objects that you can find in nature, made by geological processes, or by plants and animals
- Follow the fascinating details of nature through our chapters: Animals; Plants, fungi, and algae; Minerals and rocks, and Made by nature
- Illustrated diagrams that support understanding
- Large, detailed photographs of truly fascinating objects
- The perfect gift for curious kids with eye-catching jacket finishes: gold foil, holographic foil, and metallic gold edges
A lump of coal, a cacao pod, a mermaid's purse, a fossil, a pine cone, an owl pellet, and a chrysalis – all tell a story. Learn how bristly mouths help huge whales capture tiny animals, marvel at rocks and minerals forged through time, and discover how studying a leaf skeleton can tell us how it transports food.
Nature's Treasures takes you on a tour of our planet through incredible objects made by nature itself. Objects are shown with truly stunning photography and colourful illustrations to help explain the science behind them. The lively descriptions explore the remarkable tales of each item and all are packed with fascinating information.
It's the perfect first book about nature for inquisitive children aged 7 and up who love to spot things when exploring outside and want to know more about nature.
Ben Hoare is science writer and editor, and the author of the hugely successful An Anthology of Intriguing Animals and The Wonders of Nature for DK. He is passionate about nature and sharing his knowledge of the natural world.