For more information about choosing a nest box camera that is right for you, take a look at our blog post on nest box cameras.
This tiny pinhole camera is perfect for use in a bird box or other nesting box. It will enable you to watch the fascinating process of your breeding pair building their nest and raising their young.
When used with the provided 20m AV cable it can be connected directly to a TV, VCR, DVR or PC/laptop (computers must have a video input). The camera is available with USB connectors (Compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems) allowing you to connect the camera directly to your PC or laptop and record footage directly to your hard drive. It has a focal distance ranging from a few centimetres up to around 30m. This allows you to get the best possible picture, no matter how far your chosen subject is away from the lens. Adjustable focus gives you further control of your setup and images.
The camera also possesses six infrared LEDs providing night vision for up to 1.5m from the camera. These LEDs are perfect for viewing in a small space and are not so powerful that they bleach the background or disturb the animals. These LEDs are also “invisible”, meaning that they can illuminate the subject whilst being undetected to humans or other animals. Power to the camera is provided via the AV cable meaning that you do not need a power source next to your bird box.
A link is also included to free software which, when connected to a PC, will allow you to record images and videos from the camera directly to your hard drive. You will also be able to broadcast over the internet for remote viewing, and use the motion detection function to minimise the amount of “waste” footage recorded.
* Measures 3cm x 2.5cm x 2cm – fits perfectly inside a small bird box
* High quality Grade A colour CMOS sensor for crisp, clear images at 700TV lines
* Built-in microphone for audio monitoring
* Specially coated lens for sharper, clearer images
* Adjustable focus for perfect viewing
* 700TV lines sharp picture display
* Can be connected directly to a TV, VCR, DVR or PC with an audio/video input
* Availble with USB device to connect to PC/laptops without audio/video input
In the box:
* Tiny IR camera with colour (daytime), focus and infrared
* 1 x 2m UK mains adapter
* 1 x 20m AV cable
* Full 24-months warranty
* Video: PAL/NTSC
* Image sensor: OV7949/OV7950
* Resolution: 700 TV Lines
* Image form: JPEG
* Image pixels: PAL (HxV): 512 x 582
* Video form: AVI
* Minimum illumination: 1.0Lux
* Lens: Super wide 2.8mm
* Mount: C/CS mount
* White balance: Auto
* S/N ratio: > 48dB (AGC off)
* Back light compensation: Auto
* Electronic shutter: 1/50 (1/60) – 1/100,000 seconds
* Operation temperature: -20° - +50°C
* Power supply: DV 8V, < 500mA