A 360° look at the bold exploration mission piloted by leading scientists, prominent storytellers, and cutting-edge marine technology aboard the OceanXplorer vessel to unlock the secrets hiding in our ocean's vast ecosystem and bring bioscience to new frontiers.
The OceanX project unifies next-generation technology, fearless science, and compelling storytelling to educate, inspire, and connect the world with our oceans. With an accomplished team of scientists, researchers, and philanthropists, OceanX has created change on a global scale, combating the detrimental effects of climate change and pollution in the ocean's ecosystems. This spirit of protection and conservation is at the heart of their endeavors. OceanX shares their rich discoveries and advancements through compelling media to create a global community deeply engaged with understanding, enjoying, and protecting our ocean's ecosystems for future generations.
Come aboard and explore the most advanced research vessel in marine science – the OceanXplorer. With captivating, behind-the-scenes photography, illustrations, and first-hand narratives from OceanX's elite crew, Our Future Below brings readers to the forefront of this cutting-edge effort to protect the sea. From the construction of the OceanXplorer ship to the fascinating scientific research conducted on-board to the groundbreaking discoveries during expeditions, this is the story of how humanity woke up to the importance of marine conservation.
- Legendary authors: Learn about the visionary team and scientists that assembled and built the OceanX exploration program with narratives from OceanX's founders, Vincent Pieribone, Ray Dalio, Mark Dalio, and James Cameron.
- Stunning photography: Breathtaking and never-before-seen photography showcase OceanXplorer's innovative design and cutting-edge technology; the scientists, explorers, and crew at work; and the underwater ecosystems of creatures deep below.
- OceanXplorer: Featuring 4 labs, 4 state-of-the-art deep-sea vehicles, a media center, a dive center, Sonar Array, and even a helicopter, take a detailed tour of the magnificent OceanXplorer like never before.
- Discovery: Brave explorers plunge to unfathomable depths so unknown that nearly each passing lifeform is alien to scientists. From the wreckage of Air France Flight 447, to over 180 new species of biofluorescent fish, and to the Galapagos catshark, OceanXplorer continues to uncover rare, deep-sea creatures, push new frontiers, and map uncharted areas of the world.
- Conservation in spotlight: Highlighted projects include saving America's Great Barrier Reef, bringing endangered species back from the brink of extinction, and actively combating against the widespread, destructive effects of climate change and pollution.