Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Containing over 6 400 entries on all aspects of both human and physical geography, this best-selling dictionary is the most comprehensive single-volume reference work of its kind. It includes coverage of cartography, surveying, meteorology, climatology, ecology, population, industry, and development, as well as up-to-date treatment of fast-changing topics such as plate tectonics, remote sensing, geographic information systems, and aerial differentiation.
For this new edition, all existing entries have been fully revised and updated, and there is now expanded coverage of economic geography (e.g. neo-liberalism), recent developments in geopolitics (e.g. 9/11 responses and the geographical implications of war on terror), and geography of finance (e.g. global production). It also focuses on the increasingly prominent areas of globalization and the anti-globalization movement, landscape restoration, the digital divide, and issues of governance. Feature panels provide in-depth information on key areas such as the history of geography, demographic transition, and central place theory. Further reading has been added to many entries. This edition also contains recommended web links for many entries, accessed and kept up to date via the Dictionary of Geography companion website.
New to this edition:
- Fully revised and updated content – over 100 new entries and 20 new illustrations
- Expanded coverage of economic geography, recent developments in geopolitics, and geography of finance
- Feature panels provide in-depth information on key topics, including the history of geography, demographic transition, and central place theory
- Virtual thumb tabs for quick reference
- Recommended web links for many entries, accessed and kept up to date via the Dictionary of Geography companion website