+44 1803 865913
By: Robert E Schmidt(Author), Drury R Reavill(Author), David N Phalen(Author)
312 pages, 850+ colour photos
Pathology of Pet and Aviary Birds, Second Edition provides a comprehensive reference to the gross and histologic features of diseases seen in pet and aviary birds, with more than 850 images depicting disease lesions.
- Provides a complete resource for identifying both common and not-so-common diseases in a wide range of avian species
- Includes more than 850 full-color images to show disease lesions
- Offers context for the interpretation of pathologic findings, promoting an understanding of the pathogenesis and epizootiology of disease
- Adds information on pigeons and chickens, pathophysiology, prognosis and trends, and globally relevant diseases
- Aids pathologists, diagnosticians, and avian veterinarians in identifying lesions in pet birds
About the Authors, vii
Preface to the First Edition, ix
Preface to the Second Edition, xi
1 Cardiovascular System, 1
2 Respiratory System, 21
3 Gastrointestinal System and Pancreas, 55
4 Liver, 95
5 Urinary System, 127
6 Reproductive System, 145
7 Endocrine System, 161
8 Lymphatic and Hematopoietic System, 175
9 Musculoskeletal System, 199
10 Nervous System, 221
11 Integument, 237
12 Special Sense Organs, 263
13 Peritoneum and Mesenteries, 281
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Robert E. Schmidt, DVM, PhD, DACVP, is a consultant in veterinary pathology for veterinary diagnostic laboratories, zoological parks and aquariums, and veterinary practitioners specializing in diseases of birds, reptiles, fish, laboratory animals and zoo animals, based in Anthem, Arizona, USA.
Drury R. Reavill, DVM, DAVBP (Avian and Reptile & Amphibian Practice), DACVP, is a pathologist at the Zoo/Exotic Pathology Service in Carmichael, California, USA. She provides diagnostic pathology services to exotic animal practitioners in clinical practices, zoological parks and aquariums, and animal rescue/rehabilitation facilities.
David N. Phalen, DVM, PhD, DAVBP (Avian Practice), is Associate Professor at the University of Sydney in Camden, NSW, Australia where he teaches avian, exotic pet and wildlife medicine, provides diagnostic services to avian and exotic animal veterinarians, and supervises the Masters of Wildlife Health and Population Management.
Your orders support book donation projects
my first port of call for ordering books
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985