+44 1803 865913
By: John C Manning(Author), Colin Paterson-Jones(Illustrator)
352 pages, 900 colour photos, colour distribution maps
South Africa has a rich flora of around 19 000 different wildflower species. For those who wish to know more about South Africa's wildflowers this very richness poses its own problems. Most flower guides cover little more than small stretches of the country and the others include too few species to be of much use. Photo Guide to the Wildflowers of South Africa aims to overcome these deficiencies. Carefully conceived to cover those wildflowers that are most likely to attract attention, this countrywide guide includes nearly 900 of the most common and conspicuous wildflowers that occur in South Africa and the neighbouring countries of Lesotho, Swaziland and Namibia.
The English edition has been fully updated to reflect recent taxonomic changes.
- An easy-to-use format divides the country into three main wildflower regions, Grassland and Savannah, Fynbos and Namaqualand, grouping the species into each region.
- Each of the almost 900 species is illustrated and described, with information on its common and scientific names, habitat, distribution map, flowering times and local uses.
- An ingenious quick guide helps the reader to narrow down the options at a glance.
- Similar species are placed together to aid comparison and the concise text highlights their differences.
- Authored and illustrated by professionals with wide experience in producing guidebooks, Photo Guide to the Wildflowers of South Africa is the key to unlocking South Africa's wildflower heritage.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I have never been so pleased with the quality of service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985