Winner of the 2022 The International; Best Indie Book Award; - Travel. Explore and discover the beautiful places of Iceland with the most comprehensive and detailed guidebook to Iceland ever published.
Explore and discover the beautiful places of Iceland with the most comprehensive and detailed guidebook to Iceland ever published. Featuring over 600 stunning images, and over 120 locations with detailed maps, sat-nav coordinates including what3words and smartphone scannable lat-long QR-codes. This beautiful travel and photo-location guidebook provides both inspiration and information to make your trip a reality. Including information on car rental, vehicle insurance and driving advice, suggested itineraries from a long weekend to several weeks, with essays on Iceland’s cultural history, cuisine, flora & fauna and advice on how to photograph the Aurora Borealis/Northern Lights.
All the classic locations around Reykjavík and along the ring road are covered from roadside attractions to multi-day overnight hikes; covering glaciers, waterfalls, geysers, hot springs, lava fields, craters, volcanoes, mountains, coast, beaches and cliffs, towns, churches, cultural sites, harbours and wildlife from Arctic fox to orcas, puffins, seals, reindeer and the famed Icelandic horse.
- The South West: including Reykjavík, The Golden Circle, the Blue Lagoon, Þingvellir National Park and the Reykanes peninsula.
- The South Coast: featuring the Westman Islands, Seljalandsfoss & Gljúfrabúi waterfalls, Skógafoss waterfall, Reynisfjara Beach, Reynisdrangar sea stack, Vík í Mýrdal village and Fjaðrárgljúfur canyon.
- The South East: explore the Vatnajökull ice cap and national park, Skaftafell Park & Svartifoss waterfall, Fjallsárlón & Jökulsárlón glacial lakes, Breiðamerkursandur / Diamond Ice Beach, Stokksnes beach & Mount Vestrahorn
- The East: visit Seyðisfjörður village, Egilsstaðirtown, the fjords, canyons, craggy mountains, remote villages and a beautiful coastline.
- The North: including the Langanes Peninsula, Heimskautsgerðið / The Arctic Henge, Jökulsárgljúfur, Víti crater, Hverir / Hverarönd hot springs & Mount Námafjal, Mývatn, Grímsey Island, Goðafoss waterfall, Akureyri and the Tröllaskagi Peninsula
- Westfjords: Ísafjörður and the remote fjords and coastline, including the Hornstrandir nature reserve home to arctic foxes.
- The West & Snæfellsnes: home to Orca & whale watching, Snæfellsjökull volcano towers, Kirkjufell mountain, the Lóndrangarsea stack & Beserkjahraun lava field
- The Ring Road: All you need to embark and enjoy this 1693 km / 1051 mile circular route around Iceland.
James Rushforth is an award-winning professional photographer and guidebook writer. James is the author of six guidebooks, including Photographing The Dolomites published by FotoVUE.