+44 1803 865913
By: Rob DeSalle(Author), Jeffrey A Rosenfeld(Author)
338 pages, colour & b/w illustrations
Phylogenomics: A Primer introduces undergraduate and graduate students to the field of phylogenomics, the discipline that integrates evolutionary biology and genomics. Phylogenomics: A Primer presents an overview of the interlinking aspects of molecular biology, systematics, and bioinformatics; describes phylogenomic techniques such as PCR, CLUSTAL, and neighbor joining; and provides guidelines for navigating relevant databases such as GenBank, BLAST, and EDGAR.
In a clear and readable style, it explains the essential concepts underlying homology, sequence alignment, parsimony analysis, maximum likelihood, Bayesian inference, population genetics, genome-wide association studies, tree building, and DNA barcoding. The inclusion of problem-solving exercises in each chapter provides students with a solid grasp of the important molecular and evolutionary questions facing modern biologists as well as the tools needed to answer them.
1. Why Phylogenomics Matters
2. The Biology of Linear Molecules (DNA and Proteins)
3. Evolutionary Principles - Populations and Trees
5. Homology and Pairwise Alignment
6. Multiple Alignments and Constructing Phylogenomic Matrices
7. Genome Sequencing and Annotation
8. Tree Building
9. Robustness and Rate Heterogeneity in Phylogenomics
10. Bayesian Analysis
12. Adapting Population Genetics to Genomics
13. Detecting Natural Selection in Genomes - Part 1
14. Detecting Natural Selection in Genomes - Part 2
15. Advanced Population Genetics Topics
16. Genome Content Analysis
17. A Phylogenomic Perspective of Biological Diversity: Tree of Life, DNA Barcoding and Metagenomics
18. Microarrays in Evolutionary Studies and Functional Phylogenomics
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Fantastic service at a great price – I'll definitely use you again.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985