Plant Sciences Reviews 2012 makes available in printed form CAB Reviews in plant sciences published online in 2012. It provides analysis on key current research topics including plant diseases, genetics, climate impacts, biofuels and postharvest. It features incisive reviews from experts including Frances Seymour, Roger Jones, Paul Christou and Errol Hewett. It is suitable for researchers and students of plant sciences.
See the table of contents for more details.
1. The role of plant viroids in diseases - new developments
2. Antioxidant properties in vitro and in vivo: realistic assessments of efficacy of plant extracts
3. Seed orchard genetics
4. Perennial herbaceous crops with potential for biofuel production in the temperate regions of the USA
5. Using near-infrared spectroscopy to predict postharvest quality
6. Influence of climate change on plant disease infections and epidemics caused by viruses and bacteria
7. Aromatic plant species in agricultural production systems based on marginal soils
8. Bioenergy: a potential for developing countries?
9. Appropriate precision agriculture with site-specific cropping system management for marginal and small farmers
10. Increasing the vitamin E content of food by in-plant production
11. REDD reckoning: a review of research on a rapidly moving target
12. Olives and olive oil: diet and health impacts
13. Biofuels: the food versus fuel debate
14. Switchgrass – practical issues in developing a fuel crop
15. Toxicity of Jatropha curcas L. as a biofuel crop and options for management
16. Using metabolomics to improve the quality of harvested fruit
17. Soybean sudden death syndrome – advances in knowledge and disease management
18. High-value horticulture in developing countries: barriers and opportunities
19. The tomato borer Tuta absoluta: insecticide resistance and control failure
20. Genetic diversity in the Jatropha genus and its potential application