Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
A pole mounted box is ideal for siting in locations where there are no suitable trees and walls to attach a roost to. They also allow you to position your box or boxes where they can get the maximum amount of sunlight.
The maternity bat box is a large three crevice box which is designed for maternity colonies of crevice dwelling bats such as common and soprano pipistrelles. Boxes are made from exterior grade FSC plywood which is treated with a black non-toxic woodstain. Internal ceramic plates help to retain heat and also separate the internal chamber into three narrow crevices. A bat ladder at the base of the box extends upwards through the opening, providing easy access, even for young bats.
The pole mounted maternity box includes either one or two maternity bat boxes along with either a 4m, 5m and 6m pole. The 4 metre pole is manufactured in aluminium tube and powder coated in grey, whilst for greater strength, the 5 and 6 metre poles are made from structural steel tube, galvanised and powder coated in black. These large wooden boxes attach to the pole using fixing rails (fixings included). If using the two box option, the boxes are attached back to back which provides bats with a choice of environments and thermal conditions. The pole should be sunk around 1m into the ground for stability. However, as ground conditions vary, it is advised that a builder or structural engineer is consulted before installing this box. Apart from erecting the pole, the only tool needed is a spanner (or a screwdriver for the metal band version) to fix the boxes onto the pole.
Please note - this item will be drop shipped directly from the manufacturer in two parts, with the pole being sent in one 4m/5m/6m length. The shipping charge will be £12.50 ex VAT for mainland UK locations.
* Pole (4m): Aluminium, 4m long, 76mm diameter, Grey
* Pole (5m): Steal, 5m long, 76mm diameter, powder coated in black
* Pole (6m): Steal, 6m long, 76mm diameter, powder coated in black
* Box: FSC certified exterior grade European birch
* Materials: Plywood with ceramic inserts
* Box construction: Panels stapled together with surface sunk staples
* Finish: External surfaces treated with water-based, non-toxic, non-volatile wood treatment
* Single Box Dimensions: 49cm H x 26cm W x 13cm D
* Entrance: 17mm wide
* Weight (Box): 6.6kg
* Weight (Pole 4m): 7kg
* Weight (Pole 5m): 28kg
* Weight (Pole 6m): 33kg
* Access: Removable roof, secured with one screw
* Fixing: Rail/screw/clip fixing system for attaching box to pole