Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This is a fully revised edition of the best selling "Trees of Natal, Zululand and Transkei" (1993).
It is a compact guide describing all the larger woody plants of the Eastern Region of South Africa, home to over 63% of all the tree species south of the Limpopo river. The full range covered will extend through KwaZulu-Natal; Eastern Cape, north of the Buffalo River; Lesotho; Eastern Free State; Swaziland and southern Mozambique. Due to its unique and comprehensive nature, the book may also be used as far north as Zambia.
With the invaluable assistance of Elsa Pooley, Richard Boon has been responsible for all improvements, (research, photography, mapping) and updating of this new revised edition which contains:
- 1,100 species described, and 74 invasive alien species
- Family and genus descriptions
- Informative text facing the colour plates
- Line drawings of the leaves
- Colour distribution maps
- A new key and highlighting diagnostic features to aid identification
- Ecological and gardening notes
- Medicinal and other uses